System Administrator - Level 2 (Linux/Unix) - Ft. Meade, MD
- Provides the Tier 2 support and serves on the front line as technical personnel on the System Administration team.
- Provides administrative support of UNIX systems. Duties include installing the operating system, managing the configurations, managing the ACLs, troubleshooting, monitoring the status of all systems and applications, etc. Duties also include supporting installed applications and network services (NIS, DNS, LDAP, etc.).
- In the Information Technology field, the individual shall possess at least: Six (6) years and no degree; OR four (4) years and a relevant Associates Degree; OR two (2) years and a relevant Bachelor’s Degree; OR two (2) years and a relevant Master’s Degree.
- Relevant Degrees: Electrical/Computer/Software Engineering, Computer Science, Math or Information Systems.
- Relevant Certificates: Redhat Certification
- Individual shall be familiar with writing shell scripts (Shell and PERL) to automate administration functions and to parse files.
- Individual shall be technically proficient at installing, configuring, and maintaining Solaris and Red Hat Linux (both at a physical and virtual environment).
- Individual shall possess the ability to work within the command line.
- Individual shall have completed an approved Customer Service Training course from American Management Association, Train-up Seminars, Fred Pryor Seminars, or Impact Learning Systems within the year preceding contract award.
- The individual shall comply with DoD 8570-M, IAT Level 2 certification requirements within six months.
Skills and Personal Strengths:
- Available to work before/after typical office hours as work may demand.
- Able to thrive in a dynamic environment and perform as a team-player.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Independent self-starter.
- Excellent organization skills with the ability to handle multiple projects.
- Must possess excellent interpersonal relationship skills.
- TOP SECRET with SCI access and Full Scope polygraph.